DEI Task Team
"Equal opportunity is the bedrock of American democracy and diversity is one of our country’s greatest strengths" Executive Order on Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Task Team is to provide an interagency forum for the identification, discussion, and sharing of tools and practices that promote diversity, equity, justice, and inclusiveness within the MTS workforce. The DEI Task Team will.
- Share respective agency/office experiences and best practices toward enhancing representation in maritime-related agencies and the MTS;
- Engage MTS stakeholders, as appropriate, toward enhancing representation in the CMTS
- Establish a work plan for implementation in CY 2021 and beyond
The DEI task team encourages the active engagement of agency representatives to achieve meaningful and lasting advances in DEI efforts within their agencies, providing a platform for inter-agency talks.
The CMTS provides a platform for the gathering of information across agencies for the advancement of recruitment, retention, and advancement of the next generation of leaders at the agencies and throughout the MTS to be more reflective of the diversity of the American public.
- April 23, 2021: CMTS holds inter-agency workshop on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- May 27, 2021: The DEI Task Teams holds its first meeting
- June 16, 2021: A draft Resolution and Terms of Reference were approved by the task team
- July 21, 2021: The Resolution was presented before the Coordination Board Meeting
Task Team Lead
- CMTS Executive Secretariat
- Bureau of Ocean and Energy Management
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Maritime Administration
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Transportation Security Administration
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Any agency that provides or has an interest in navigation services